|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Haley & Aldrich|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United States|
Summer Intern 2018
Haley & Aldrich is a 700-person national engineering and environmental consulting firm with creative, technically strong staff who want to work in a collaborative environment to deliver exceptional value to our clients. We look for professionals with a passion for solving even the most complex client problems. This problem-solving ability and opportunity to be a change agent is a vital part of our culture, no matter what level or role a staff member holds.
Are you interested in pursuing a career in environmental and/or geotechnical engineering consulting?? We are looking to bring on two full-time Summer 2018 Interns to serve as Civil/Environmental Engineering Technicians assisting office engineers and project managers with day-to-day project tasks. This is a full-time role that will be at least 3 consecutive months and the position is planned to be a late May-early June start date. This is a fantastic opportunity to get some hands-on, working field experience and be a valuable contributor to our project teams. This role will be based out of our Boston, MA officelocation.
The successful candidate will:
· Serve in a field support role, working on some interesting and technically-challenging projects in the Metro and Greater Boston area.
· Assist engineers and Project Managers with the planning and execution of site characterization programs on various infrastructure and real estate development projects.
· Assist with evaluation of subsurface geotechnical and environmental data.
· Assist in performing geotechnical design/analysis and developing geotechnical recommendations.
· Assist laboratory manager in running geotechnical testing on soil samples.
· Express a willingness to visit construction sites to assist in the field with our construction monitoring service group.
· Candidate should be at least 2 years into their academic career
· Candidate should be enrolled in a civil, geotechnical, or environmental engineering educational program (undergraduate or graduate)
· GPA of 3.0 or better
· Demonstrate initiative and a willingness to learn
· Be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills
· Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
· 40-hour OSHA trained and certified is preferred but not required
· Driver’s license highly preferred
· Ability to work for 3 or more consecutive months on a full-time basis