|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Transportation|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs has a great opportunity for a traffic engineering Professional Engineer in our San Antonio, TX office with interest and skills in traffic operations, transportation planning, and design of traffic elements, including traffic signals, signing/pavement markings, ITS, illumination, and Traffic Control Plans (TCP) / Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) design. The ideal candidate for this position should possess 4+ years of experience in the preparation of Plans, Specifications & Estimate (PS&E) for traffic signals, minor roadway improvements, signing/pavement markings, TCP/MOT, ITS and illumination. The candidate will also perform traffic analysis assignments such as preparing traffic models, performing basic analysis functions, and reporting results of analysis. The candidate will be expected to work closely with other members of the team and be flexible in meeting changing project needs. Our office provides support for other Jacobs offices and regions, so there is potential opportunity for short-term travel and work on major, exciting projects across the USA and internationally.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs traffic analysis tasks from data collection to reporting analysis results.
• Performs civil design calculations, sketches, drawings, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignments.
• Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians.
• Reviews drawings and data supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and suggests necessary changes.
• Researches transit, traffic analysis, traffic operations, ITS and safety issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
• Researches design options and documents findings for Project Managers.
• Assists with duties assigned by Project Managers.
• Attends kick-off and design review meetings, and interacts with clients
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering is required. Traffic / transportation specialization preferred.
• Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) with traffic/transportation specialization preferred.
• Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
• Must have at least 4 years of traffic engineering experience. A Masters degree in Traffic/Transportation/Civil engineering will be considered as a substitute for one (1) year of experience is required
• Demonstrated proficiency with traffic analysis software (Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM, CORSIM, HCS) is required.
• Experience with design software (i.e., AutoCAD, MicroStation, OpenRoads-SS4, etc.) and their application in roadway, highway, intersection and interchange design is required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.