|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we’re looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Consultant/Consultant – Environmental within our Petroleum & Chemicals team based in our London or Reading office. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The role will primarily involve supporting the team in international Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, lender’s technical advisor roles, environmental due diligence and other bespoke environmental and social assessments as required. The role requires international travel in the Europe, Africa, Middle East region and possibly beyond, as necessary.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in project management and delivery of small to medium-scale projects, for domestic and/or overseas clients ideally including major financial institutions. Multi-country international experience and French/Spanish language skills will be advantageous.
- Have proven client facing experience and aspire to managing client and/or other partner relationships
- BSc/MSc or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Qualified/Chartered or studying towards a professional qualification
- Have good professional network and drive associated connectivity and pull-through opportunities through the organisation
- Support the wider Consultancy team’s business development strategy and take initiative to identify and develop new clients
- Take ownership for project success: delivery of target quality, cost management and customer satisfaction
- Have a strong personal safety ethic; proactive in identification of and closure of issues; and measures safety performance
- Execute projects through teamwork with other internal Consultancy and Jacobs Engineering teams and lines of business and, where required, with external organizations
- Have appropriate level of technical knowledge to be able to effectively lead discussions with clients and facilitate workshops in support of task delivery.
- Have excellent (written and verbal) communication including technical report writing skills;
- Present technical papers and publish articles at appropriate industry conferences or other relevant events;
- Technical competency in the safeguard policies of international lenders / export credit agencies will be advantageous.
- Have a track record working in the power and energy, and ideally chemicals/oil and gas sectors industrial and manufacturing sectors
- Proven management of and delegation to teams of consultants
- Have relevant graduate/post-graduate qualifications plus membership of relevant professional institution
- Develop commercial proposals to meet client needs
- French and Spanish technical language advantageous.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.