|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||CAD Designer|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs provides services to meet NASA requirements, including support to the agency's programs, commercial entities and other government agencies. These services include launch vehicle, spacecraft and payload integration and processing; operations and development of associated processes and ground systems to support integration, processing and launch; servicing and testing of flight hardware; and launch of developmental and operational flights at Kennedy Space Center.
Teammate companies working with Jacobs on the contract include Engineering Research and Consulting Inc. (ERC) of Huntsville, AL and Aerodyne Industries LLC of Cape Canaveral, FL.
Perform design engineering activities to develop complete design packages, or parts thereof, per KDP-P-2713, Technical Review Process. Design activities will be in fluids, mechanical, structural, and/or electrical components or systems. A complete design package is defined as the technical effort required to convert concepts into 3D CAD models and the drawings and specifications necessary for procurement, fabrication, installation, testing, operation, and maintenance of new or modified systems and equipment. Participate in design reviews with Government personnel to ensure performance, safety, quality, risk, operability, maintainability, and reliability requirements are met by the design.
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.