|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||CAD Designer|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Jacobs employ the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 7,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs, within the Nuclear and Defence division, we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we offer capable and committed individuals the opportunity to shape their careers how they wish.
The IT/CAD support is responsible for the local operation of the IT infrastructure and more particularly of CAD engineering tools (mainly AVEVA PDMS, Diagrams and Engineering). The role is part of a small team and has regular contacts with the corresponding teams in France (SOFINEL and EDF SA).
The IT/CAD support is responsible for all or part of the following activities IT activities:
- Manages the evolutions of the local IT infrastructure (list of workstations, user network permissions creation and modification, standard software updates, new application deployment)
- Raises requests to the local IT technical support
- Responsible for escalating issues
- Responsible for the order of new material
- Participates in monthly meetings with EDF SA IT department
- Provide functional reporting to the site IT/CAD Manager
- Manages user profiles and permissions
- Provides an overview of the functionalities and configures the applications
- May oversee the correct operation of local infrastructures (servers, network) and performance indicators
Support to the engineering teams working with CAD applications:
- May be required to delivery training
- Provides first-level support for users, i.e. for the engineering teams, in relation to the correct use of engineering applications
- Performs a first level of assistance in case of problems and, if necessary, alerts support teams in France or the IT operator
- The IT/CAD support person is in constant contact with the Sofinel engineering teams, the IT teams in France and the local IT technical support.
Required skills & experiences:
- Engineer with CAD and IT experience.
- Knowledge of a CAD system (PDMS) and IT management for Engineering activities.
- Advantageous if the candidate is a French speaker, as they will be required to communicate regularly with the EDF French IT Team.
- Junior Engineer,
- Language(s): English, French is desirable
- Personal capacity: The ability to anticipate and prioritise work and the ability to manage a multiplicity of interfaces. Very good interpersonal skills as this position involves interfaces with the Engineering teams and also within the IT teams in the UK and in France. Flexible, well organised with good communication skills. A good level of autonomy and reporting is necessary.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.