|Job Role||CAD Designer|
|Career Level||no degree required|
- Prepare and supervise the preparation of design and fabrication drawings, bills of material and other documentation as directed by the Lead Engineer,
- Review vendor drawings for equipment as directed by the Lead Engineer,
- Supervise and perform checking of all drawings prior to submission to the Lead Engineer for approval,
- Supervise the application of technical knowledge to the Engineering Design and ensure that a consistently high standard is maintained,
- Monitor and report on drafting progress, workhour usage, including any anticipated over-run to the Lead Engineer,
- Ensure that all work is in compliance with Client’s Standards and Engineering Practices as detailed in the Project Co-ordination Procedure,
- Refer to the Group Manager, suggestions for improving existing, or implementing new Standards, Methods or Procedures which would improve the efficiency of production. Participate in development activities for introducing new techniques and aids,
- Carry out such tasks from time to time as directed by his next senior commensurate with the work expected of this position.
- A Diploma in either Civil Engineering or a certificate in Drafting trade,
- Proficiency in PDS, PDMS, SP3D, Framework Plus, Micro-Station, ACAD, SPR and so on,
- Experience in design Office preferably with Consultant/Contractor - 08 to 10 years for diploma in Civil Engineering OR 16 to 20 years for certificate in Drafting Trade,
- Sound fundamentals and a broad understanding of civil engineering pertaining to process plant projects,
- Good engineering judgment and intuition.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High general and technical awareness levels.
- Persuasiveness. Motivating capability.
- Significant leadership qualities.