|Job Location||United States|
|Years of Experience||2|
|Residence Location||United States|
Jacobs is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of full-spectrum technical, professional and construction services for industrial, commercial and government organizations globally. The company employs over 54,000 people and operates in more than 25 countries around the world.
To provide CMMI Level III testing support services within the scope of the program/project. Responsible for working with the team to conduct detailed test activities.
Work scope may include any/all of the following duties:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide provide timely feedback
- Learn to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases
- Perform regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Apply testing processes for new and and existing features
- Communicate between teams (e.g. developers and product owners)
- Identify non-conforming software issues
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Attend Release Planning and Iteration Planning meetings
- Work in two week iterations
- Review test plans and test reports
*This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related scientific or engineering discipline and 2 years of progressive/relevant experience. Four years of relevant work experience can be substituted for the degree.
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
- Must be able to analyze data to identify problem areas for investigation
- Must understand positive and negative testing
- Familiarity with software QA methodologies, tools, and process
- Familiarity with test management tools similar to Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Familiarity reviewing requirements and verifying testability
- Hands-on experience with grey box and black box testing
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum software development process
Must be able to secure and maintain a security clearance, if applicable.
Must pass drug testing.
Must be able to read and write effectively in English.
Must embrace Beyond Zero/Safety principles of Jacobs to include; adhering to safe work practices and standards while performing daily tasks, taking responsibility for own and coworkers’ safekeeping and encouraging others to work safely.
Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Must perform work activities requiring interaction, negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking with others.
Must be able to work under supervision and respond appropriately and professionally to criticism from a supervisor.
With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential.
Must be able to work within the shift hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Physical requirements – Light. Exposed to computer monitors, constant wrist movement.
Travel requirements – May be required to travel, but will be infrequent
The Jacobs System Lifecycle Group (SLG) enables the success of Department of Defense (DOD) and other Governmental organizations by providing unmatched systems life-cycle solutions. As a partner to our clients, we focus on innovative and cutting edge solutions that drive value. We take pride in sustaining a strong culture by remaining true to our Core Values: Profitable Growth is an Imperative, People are the heart of our business, Clients are our valued partners, and Performance excellence is our commitment. Jacobs offers a partnership in which you can grow personally and professionally with the advantages of strong leadership, competitive compensation and rewarding career paths. Come join the team whose work is destined to have a long-range effect on future generations.