|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Construction - Project Manager|
|Years of Experience||8|
|Residence Location||United States|
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting directly to the Project Executive, this positon has responsibility for the management of projects within various occupied Government facilities. This is a Construction Manager as Agent (CMa) position with responsibilities focused on the oversight, coordination, and documentation of A/E and Contractor work performance during the design, construction and commissioning phases of projects. The position has responsibility for scope, schedule, and cost control in addition to oversight of Contractor safety programs. The CM in this role is client-facing and is the primary point of contact for Government, A/E, and Contractor representatives for project execution and delivery.
• Manage overall project delivery as the Owner’s CM Agent including cost control, schedule oversight, quality assurance, information management, and contract administration.
• Administer and manage design phase and construction phase activities occurring simultaneously.
• Develop and apply project procedures and communication protocol as the project’s primary POC.
• Interface and coordinate with Government representatives responsible for sustained operation of the facility.
• Monitor construction performance and expedite Contractor work activities to achieve schedule and quality objectives.
• Interpret construction drawings and specifications to ensure that work is performed in accordance with the contract requirements.
• Administer contractor payment requisitions.
• Manage Submittal and RFI processes in collaboration with the A/E.
• Identify potential Changes, prepare scopes of work, estimate cost/schedule impacts, and support negotiations for fair and reasonable settlements.
• Utilize Project Management Control Systems (ePM, Prolog, and P6) to record, track, analyze, and report project data.
• Prepare agenda, facilitate project meetings, and distribute meeting minutes inclusive of tracking reports, decisions and key actions due.
• Resolve issues related to differing site conditions, disputes, and client-generated requests.
• Prepare monthly progress/status reports including performance narratives, schedule variations, KPIs, cost summaries, Changes/RFIs/Submittal status, and a summary of key action items.
• Maintain awareness and adhere to Federal security requirements affecting the work
• Monitor Contractor work practices and safety controls for conformance with OSHA and the Contractor’s approved project HSE plan.
• Facilitate teamwork and collaboration to produce results and achieve client objectives.
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Construction Management, or Architecture required
• 8 years of experience as a Project Manager in an Engineering, Construction Contracting, or Construction Management organization required
• 12 years of experience in a project related technical field required
• Strong working knowledge of building construction, building systems/components and technology, contract management, project execution, team building and client relationship management required
• Federal building construction experience preferred
• Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.