|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Construction - Estimator/Inspector|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||United States|
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Inspector is responsible for general construction Quality Assurance. This individual monitors and documents work in progress, verifies conformance with construction drawings and specifications, and provides general coordination functions between the contractor, CM, and client site operations.
• Monitor and document daily construction activity, equipment and manpower.
• Interpret construction documents and applicable codes verify conformance with contract and regulatory requirements.
• Participate in construction progress meetings
• Coordinate construction activity as the primary interface with security and operating personnel.
• Support commissioning including oversight of contractor startup and testing activities.
• Verify conformance of materials and equipment with approved shop drawings/submittals.
• Assist the CM in the resolution of field issues.
• Review Contractor RFIs and provide input to the A/E as necessary to expedite responses.
• Coordinate and oversee specialized testing and inspections.
• Prepare daily construction reports and maintain accurate records of tests and inspections.
• Monitor work performance and document variations from established schedules.
• Assist in the evaluation of change order proposals.
• Evaluate contractor payment requisitions.
• Monitor work activity for conformance with site safety requirements.
• Ability to obtain a DHS (HSPD-12) security clearance is required.
• 5-10 years of building construction experience. Emphasis on Quality Assurance/Quality Control in a CM Agency or GC role is desired. Supervisory and/or journeyman experience in the construction trades will also be considered.
• Ability to communicate effectively with clients, building personnel, contractors and consultants.
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
The work location for this position is in the Baltimore-Washington metropolitan region.
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs. in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Longest distance carried of 50 feet. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. No foot controls necessary. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be occasional travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.