|Job Location||United Kingdom|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Residence Location||United Kingdom|
Senior Engineer Structures - Cardiff
Due to increasing workloads in our building structures team, our office in Cardiff now has a challenging opportunity for a Senior Engineer - Structures to Support the Office Director and other Principal/Senior Engineers and Consultants in the briefing, tendering, consultation, design, implementation and management processes for construction projects of varying size and nature.
- Act as Project Manager on projects, as assigned, ensuring that all deliverables meet clients' expressed and, as far as practicable, implied needs and expectations.
- Provide leadership and senior support to project teams, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality to achieve the planned profit.
- Regularly communicate with, and seek feedback from, clients and project teams, reflecting on the performance of one's self and the team and apply learning and improvement principles.
- Coach project team members to maximise their capabilities and ensure successful project outcomes
Key benefits of the role include:
- Joining an expanding team with a varied, interesting and challenging pipeline of work
- Joining a team with a culture of professional development and succession planning
- Competitive salary and benefits package
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an effective manager and networker, seeking an opportunity to develop into a business leadership role.
To apply for the role you will need:
- A number of years post graduate experience in a consultancy environment and have gained chartership or be working towards it
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to work without supervision, demonstrating effective time management and strong organisational skills
- Ability to build relationships, be adaptable and able to think outside the square and have the ability to work autonomously
For the full details and requirements of the role please refer to the attached position description.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.