|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
Bridge Engineer - Canberra
Design your next move…
Opus International are team of global experts who aspire every day to transform infrastructure to create better, sustainable communities. We believe the greatest infrastructure starts with people and through our collaborative approach we're creating innovative solutions for future generations.
We are currently looking for an experienced Bridge Engineer to join our team in Canberra, to contribute to the Bridges team to drive business development in the Canberra and Chatswood offices.
This role will contribute to the success of the NSW/ACT business and the wider Opus through providing appropriate technical advice and the effective management of clients, staff and bridge projects.
- Design, proof engineering, verification and / or technical review of standard and ‘complex’ bridge structures as required
- Undertake appropriate investigations, inspections, engineering analysis, design and documentation to find solutions to client problems in accordance with the project brief
- Liaise with other sections of the consultancy business to gather information and ideas that may enhance the services provided to clients
- Lead and manage projects that contributes to Opus’ reputation in the industry, delights our clients and maintains profitability
- Be accountable for project outcomes including quality, meeting scope, client relationships, budgets and the project team
- Develop and maintain a professional profile with key clients and the planning/scientific/local government community generally (including the publishing of papers and attending networking functions / events)
- Ensure the delivery to all clients of a service that provides effective business solutions on time and within budget
The successful candidate will have:
- 7 years' + professional experience in Bridge Engineer or related function
- Tertiary qualified in Bridge Engineering or related
- Chartered Engineer in Bridge Engineering
- Experience with commonly used bridge design and modelling software such as: LUSAS, SpaceGass, Rapt, Microstran, Excel and Word, as a minimum
- Experience in managing projects, teams and proposals
- Excellent understanding of the relevant codes, standards, legislation and practices
- Enthusiasm and pride in your work
Opus is in the enviable position of being able to offer our people long term employment opportunities, attractive remuneration & benefits and genuine career growth.