|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
Jacobs is one of the world’s leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
Jacobs Perth is renowned for the excellence of our technical consulting and project delivery expertise in the Buildings and Infrastructure sector. With a variety of current projects and a strong pipeline we are seeking to recruit an experienced Structural Engineer who has experience working in multidisciplinary teams on social infrastructure, functional, NPI and general buildings projects. This role will see you build relationships and develop smart offerings by design innovation for Jacobs and our construction partners.
Key work areas of the role will include
A key component of this role will be to delivering projects for the Perth Buildings and Infrastructure business, you will also have the opportunity to support the wider Jacobs business, both nationally and internationally. Your dedication to providing the highest quality advice and solutions to our clients and your passion to drive and shape and grow our structures business will be strongly considered.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate
- Project delivery track record,
- Provide high quality and innovative technical interdisciplinary solutions
- Identify and address issues that would impact on desired project outcomes
- Ability to contribute in delivering bids and proposals including development of value propositions, commercial understanding, risk management, and resource management
- Extensive experience across a variety of structural projects and versatility to deal with a range of structures e.g. buildings, transport, health, water and sanitation and NPI
- Exposure to MRWA and PTA specifications will be highly regarded
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil/Structural Engineering and chartered status with Engineers Australia (preferred)
- Strong degree of self-motivation, autonomy and discipline in project delivery, with accountability for completion of projects within schedule and budgetary constraints
- Experience in virtual teaming and multi-office delivery will be highly regarded
- Experience in large projects, working in a team environment, managing design drafters
- Working knowledge current software applications including SAM, Space Gass, ACES or similar
- Experience in BIM and Revit delivery
- Ability to think analytically, logically and communicate at the highest level with internal and external stakeholders.
As part of a high-performing team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a wide range of talented individuals. We offer rewarding careers, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative environment and flexible work practices that focus on wellbeing, diversity and inclusion. You will have the backing of senior technical leads locally, and the wider Jacobs global network, enabling you to take on increasing individual responsibility for project delivery in a structured and supportive environment.
Our strong pipeline across regions means there are multiple opportunities for career progression for high-performing individuals. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual who is keen to make a mark in the industry.