|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Years of Experience||5|
|Residence Location||United States|
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for overall sales and commercial oversight of Geopier® ground improvement technologies for Western United States including understanding the competitive landscape, tracking key performance indicators, and implementing sales strategies to grow revenue in the area. This is a very exciting opportunity for highly motivated, results-oriented, individuals who desire to have an active role in growing GFC’s ground improvement offerings in the Western United States. The opportunity includes the following responsibilities:
Area Sales Manager (Western U.S.):
- Oversee all sales and revenue generating functions in the defined geographic region (Area).
- Track sales metrics, develop, and implement strategies with Geopier sales force and contractors within Area to achieve targeted revenue within the Area.
- Lead and manage team of Region Engineers to achieve sales objectives in the sales territory (Area). Responsible for recruiting, hiring and developing training programs that compliments and grows each specific functional sales team, as requested by management team.
- Assist with development of annual goals and performance measurements for each Region encompassing annual operating initiatives. Review these on a monthly basis.
- Work with Area Engineering Manager and Director of Business Development to develop technical and sales strategies (design & pricing) for success on critical projects.
- Assist with development of new commercial materials to launch and sell new technologies.
- Assist sales team with preparing technical sales proposals & documents.
- Travel to regional locations to support Geopier sales force and contractors with promotional activities, attend local organization meeting and trade shows, provide operational support, as needed. Matt Caskey, P.E. Director of Business Development Geopier Foundation Company 130 Harbour View Drive, Suite 280 Davidson, North Carolina 28036 Direct: 901-289-1414
The successful candidate shall have the following experience, education, and key characteristics:
- Minimum BS in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical focus).
- MS in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical) a plus.
- Registered Geotechnical and Civil Engineer (GE, CE) in California.
- 5 to 15 years of experience in geotechnical engineering. Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop rapport with key business decision-makers.
- Ability to blend technical and problem-solving skills with practical business intuition.
- Willingness to travel regionally to promote sales and develop client-customer relationships.
- Work well in a team environment but excel as a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimal direction and guidelines.
- Comfortable interacting in a geotechnical engineering environment within the construction community including engineers, architects, contractors, and owners.
- Creativity in demonstrating GFC’s unique value in geo-solutions to customers and specifiers.
- Demonstrated track record of creating and managing business opportunities to effectively implement winning engineering and sales strategies.
- Ability to quickly evaluate both technical and commercial viability of opportunities to provide value to project teams
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills. Self-directed and selfmotivated with a strong sense of urgency.