|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Years of Experience||6|
|Residence Location||United States|
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer/Rail or Civil to work on our portfolio of rail projects in Southern California. The position will be based in in our Los Angeles, CA office.
- Support the Project Manager in all aspects of the project including task management, cost control, staffing and quality control,
- Prepare documents including alignments, specifications, criteria, details and cost estimates.
- Participate in project coordination meetings.
- Develop alternative project alignments for consideration in design.
- Tracking action items and project issues
- Coordinate with Public Agency and Utility representatives to complete project design
- Prepare comment responses and manage comment resolution process
- Write meeting minutes to document coordination
- Technical involvement in the design process to include: detailed design work, preparation of design calculations, design deviation requests, and checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project
- Implement HNTB and client quality control programs
- Coordinate work efforts with other disciplines
- Use of design software for track layout, cross sections, details, quantity takeoffs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of rail or roadway design criteria
- At least 6 years of experience
- Experience with Microstation and/or AutoCadd
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience in the design Passenger Rail, Freight Rail and/or Transit Rail projects is desired.
- California PE, or ability to obtain California licensure.