|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
Primary Location:Langley (96th Ave)
eQuest Job Type:Regular With Benefits
# of Openings:1
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 34,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our staff enjoy working to enhance the environment where they work and live.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical team, located at our Langley, BC office. Working closely with the department lead and other senior professionals, the geotechnical engineer will become involved in technical project work, proposals and some business development activities as well as participating on unique and interesting geotechnical projects in the Great Vancouver area.
- Perform all aspects of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
- Coordinate and carry out field review of construction works and material testing of geotechnical materials;
- Prepare and write proposals and technical reports;
- Conduct geotechnical engineering analysis;
- Supervise and help mentor technicians and junior engineers; and,
- Manage project schedule and budgets.
- Post-graduate degree in Geo-Engineering discipline such as Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Geo-engineering field in Canada;
- Registered P.Eng status with APEGBC; and,
- Prior experience in consulting geotechnical engineering is considered an asset.
- A high level of proficiency with current geotechnical software applications;
- Valid BC Driver’s License;
- Strong technical, oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in seismic assessment considered an asset;
- Exceptional analytical and project management skills; and,
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, meet deadlines and cooperate with a team in various environment.