|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Woodard & Curran|
|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
At RMC, a Woodard & Curran company, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
We currently have an opportunity in our Los Angeles, California office for a Senior Stormwater Planner. The professional selected for this role will assist in large-scale river master planning and revitalization efforts that involve significant political sensitivity, interactions with the community, and opportunities for public presentations. This role will partner and work under the supervision of experienced civil engineers to make a positive and lasting impact to the surrounding communities.
- Coordinate hydrology and drainage studies with Public Works or outside experts to determine and prioritize needs for drainage infrastructure improvement.
- In collaboration with a cross-divisional team, develop multi-benefit Project Concept Reports that would improve drainage infrastructure while also conserve runoff for beneficial use or provide educational and recreational opportunities.
- Manage the implementation of multi-benefit infrastructure improvement projects including scheduling and budgeting, stakeholder coordination and outreach, and coordinating with granting- and regulatory permitting-agencies.
- Coordinate and conduct planning level reviews of external requests to modify facilities.
- 10+ years of experience in civil engineering; experience in water resources and flood control planning are highly desirable.
- BS or higher degree in Civil Engineering with coursework in hydrology, hydraulics, and water resources engineering.
- Professional Engineer registration is highly desirable but not required.
- Familiarity with GIS applications and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and have the ability to think critically.
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.