|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Woodard & Curran|
|Job Role||CAD Designer|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Years of Experience||10|
|Residence Location||United States|
At RMC, a Woodard & Curran company, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
We currently have an opportunity in our Los Angeles, California office for a Senior CAD Designer. This position performs relatively complex computerized drafting and design, mapping, GIS, surveying, and inspection on a variety of Civil and Mechanical Engineering projects throughout California.
- Sound understanding of structural drafting principles and standards
- Skill in leading the technical work of less experienced designers and/or drafters who share in the design effort
- Mentoring of other designers
- Manage multi-disciplined drawing production teams
- Develop layouts, plans, section and details using Auto CAD, Land Desktop and Civil Design
- Provide production CAD support
- Develop, implement and enforce CAD Standards
- Supply technical support for all CAD software
- Maintain integrity of drawings and drawing system
- Maintain CAD document archive and retrieval for projects
- Schedule drawing completion
- Archive completed projects
- Clean up CAD files for project closeout
- Prepare quality final drawings and layouts
- Act as liaison with operations, project teams, engineering design house and vendors
- Associate degree in Computer Science and GIS, Civil Engineering Technology, or a related field
- 10+ years of related experience, or a combination of formal education, training, and experience suitable for the performance of the job duties
- Proficiency in the CAD system, including all software options
- Ability to both work well in a team and independently
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Advanced drafting and design skills
- Ability to create aesthetically pleasing and useable drawings
- Excellent computer skills
- Interact with all levels of engineering staff
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.