|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Woodard & Curran|
|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
|Years of Experience||6|
|Residence Location||United States|
At RMC, a Woodard & Curran company, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
We currently have an opportunity for a Water Resources Project Planner based in one of our RMC Water and Environment, Southern California offices which is now a part of Woodard & Curran. This position performs planning and project management tasks of varying difficulty and complexity, working independently on most projects while supporting the Project Manager.
- Develop detailed water resources calculations, concept diagrams, and technical analysis for projects.
- Develop and write strategic, watershed, water supply, master and other planning documents for client and public audiences.
- Collect and interpret data about water quality and supply availability, demand, use, conveyance, distribution and storage.
- Develop, calibrate and run hydraulic and hydrologic systems models for distribution and collection systems and/or surface water and ground water systems.
- Characterize local, regional and inter-regional water resources needs, goals, options and strategies.
- Identify and investigate integrated water resource alternatives and project concepts to meet client needs.
- Analyze feasibility and evaluate alternatives and project concepts.
- Provide decision support modeling and/or analysis.
- Identify project and program implementation strategies including funding and financing options.
- Prepare funding applications.
- Understanding of federal and state regulations and interacting with government agencies.
- Seek opportunities to prepare technical papers to be published or presented.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience required.
- Technical writing experience and the ability to coordinate and interact with co-workers, project staff, various clients and government agencies.
- Experience should include familiarity with master planning and regulatory requirements.
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.