|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Woodard & Curran|
|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
|Years of Experience||8|
|Residence Location||United States|
At RMC, a Woodard & Curran company, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
We currently have an opportunity in our Walnut Creek, California office location for an Environmental Planner/Scientist. Our strong and growing backlog of water resources projects will provide an opportunity to apply your planning and regulatory skills to challenging and important efforts throughout California.
- Collaborate with engineering and planning staff on leading environmental tasks as well as managing stand-alone environmental projects
- Provide mentorship of junior environmental staff
- Oversee all aspects of a project, including leading meetings with clients and regulatory agencies
- Scope projects for the appropriate level of environmental review, budget control, and invoicing
- Maintain schedules, manage subconsultants and quality control
- Manage several projects simultaneously
- Conduct business development, marketing, and proposal preparation
- 8-15 years of experience successfully preparing and managing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents for water resource projects; permitting experience is a plus
- Experience writing environmental documents and conducting environmental analysis
- Excellent quality of work and technical experience a must
- Successful management of project budgets and schedules
- Experience with, and strong ability to, collaborate with others
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to serve as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Management, or other related planning degree and background.
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.