|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Woodard & Curran|
|Job Role||CAD Designer|
|Career Level||no degree required|
|Years of Experience||2|
|Residence Location||United States|
At RMC, a Woodard & Curran company, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
We currently have an opportunity in our Walnut Creek, California office for a CAD Designer. This position performs relatively complex computerized civil and mechanical discipline mapping, drafting and design to support our planning and design projects throughout California. The CAD Designer position will work directly with our Northern and Southern California design engineering and CAD staff to prepare quality design drawings for our projects.
- Collaborate with RMC design engineers and CAD staff
- Communicate with RMC staff on assignments, schedules, issues and resolutions
- Develop layouts, plans, section and details using Auto CAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Provide production CAD support for RMC design projects
- Adhere to RMC CAD Standards
- Adhere to CAD drawing file management systems
- Maintain CAD document archive and retrieval for projects
- Meet internal CAD assignment schedules
- Archive completed projects
- Clean up CAD files for project closeout and archiving
- Associate degree in Computer Science and GIS, Civil Engineering Technology, or a related field
- 2+ years of related experience, or a combination of formal education, training, and experience suitable for the performance of the job duties
- Computer drafting and design skills
- Proficiency with Auto CAD and familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Familiarity with three dimensional design concepts, work flows and software
- Ability to interact with all levels of engineering and CAD staff
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.