|Job Location||United States|
|Company||Woodard & Curran|
|Job Role||Civil - Environmental|
|Years of Experience||8|
|Residence Location||United States|
At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager focused on developing innovative solutions to challenging water-related projects, and managing successful project teams. This opportunity is based in our RMC Water and Environment, Walnut Creek, California office which is now a part of Woodard & Curran. The selected candidate will have 8+ years of experience in the water resources field, exceptional communication skills, the ability to interact with clients and stakeholder groups, and experience managing projects and project teams. Experience working on water resources planning projects in California and/or the western United States is a requirement. The position would be located in one of our southern California offices.
- Projects are in the areas of water resources, including integrated water resources planning; water, wastewater, recycled water, stormwater supply and quality analysis; and water resource project development and evaluation. Experience in environmental assessment, and regulatory permitting a plus.
- The position is focused on project delivery, but a demonstrated ability to manage client relationships and team members is crucial.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are required. This includes the ability to communicate internally with project teams, and also externally with clients and stakeholder groups in project and workshop settings.
- An interest and ability to contribute to business development through active participation in on-going marketing efforts is a plus.
- BS in Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Planning/Science or a related field, MS preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience on water resources and/or closely related projects; specific experience successfully managing local, regional, and watershed scale planning projects is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- P.E. or AICP registration preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of the provisions and requirements of the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control act is preferred.
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.