|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
Geotechnical Engineer - MEL00AP
Employment Type: Staff
Job Level: Experienced
: Jun 1, 2017
: Jul 1, 2017
Reporting Manager Title: Principal Consultant
Join Us. Are you ready? Go!
- Be courageous. Be different. Stand out from the crowd
- Work hard, have fun, make a difference
- Allow your passion to become your purpose
As the independent consulting arm of the WorleyParsons Group, Advisian provides a true end-to-end offering for clients, integrating strategy, management and technical consulting expertise. While you may not know our name we have almost 3,000 in 20 countries and the work we do impacts the world around you.
Providing the advice and partnering with our clients to implement that advice, we are a practical, innovative, results-driven organisation with a singular focus on the success of our clients. We are open, honest and direct, and we deliver what we promise. We advise, then deliver.
We have an opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our Victorian Branch. Our team works on a wide variety of projects including infrastructure, mining and hydrocarbons projects.
You would be ideal fit for our team if you have:
- 5-10 years of geotechnical experience;
- Extensive site investigation experience;
- Engineering design calculations and modelling experience;
- Strong report writing and communication skills;
- Strong project scoping and proposal writing skills;
- Degree qualifications in geotechnical engineering;
- Strong team player – we love what we do and are passionate about the work we undertake; and
- Considerable experience in a consultancy environment.
As member of our Geotechnical team you will be working on:
- Site investigations including geotechnical drilling and soil/rock logging to Australian Standards, CPT, test pit excavations, etc., including the potential for short duration interstate and overseas based investigation programs;
- Preparation of proposals and budget estimates for upcoming projects;
- Project managing geotechnical projects, with support from senior staff, including project finance and client liaison;
- Delivering complete geotechnical solutions, as well as be part of a multidisciplinary team when required;
- Assisting project managers and geotechnical staff on a wide range of project specific aspects;
- Carry out engineering design calculations including utilizing engineering software such as Slide, Plaxis, etc.
- Preparation of field reports and geotechnical reports.
In return we offer a great team environment, you’ll work directly with some of the most inspiring and talented people in their fields, you’ll be valued and respected for your ideas, skills and expertise and have an opportunities to grow your career.
Why Join Us?
- An opportunity to be a part of Advisian’s story.
- We foster a culture where our people are keen to contribute their ideas – we are all innovators.
- We offer unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth.
Advisian recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity in its workplace.