|Job Location||United States|
|Company Industry||Construction/Architecture Surveying|
|Job Role||Civil - Structural|
|Residence Location||United States|
Civil Engineer - Structural
- Posted: 06/02/2017
This position with a Major local utility company will provide support to the Structural Design Group. The Structural Designer provides design services to support capital improvements and general maintenance, repairs, and upkeep of all structural aspects of the transmission system, including transmission line towers and structures, substation structures including all equipment, bus and overhead cable supports, wireless communication towers and structures, buildings and other structures on the transmission system. This position is located in Vancouver, WA, but may involve up to 20% travel within the utility's service area.
* Up to 20% travel to field locations is anticipated. Field travel is expected at both the scoping phase of major projects and during construction phases.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or a closely-related field is required.
- 5 to 9 years of practical engineering experience is required.
- Experience with designs using the current International Building Code and ASCE 7 is required.
- Experience with structural analysis software such as SAP2000 and STAAD is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, including Microsoft Office 2010 is required (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
Experience with Bentley MicroStation or other similar CAD programs is highly desired
- Must have knowledge of engineering concepts, principals, and practices applicable to components and facilities found on a regional transmission system.
- CAD technicians are available, but qualified candidates should be comfortable with modern CAD design tools.
- Must be familiar with modern structural analysis techniques.
- Must be familiar with industry-specific design codes such as IBC family of codes, ASCE 7, and industry designs standards such as AISC, NDS, ACI, etc.
- Knowledge of ASCE 41-13 Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Existing Buildings strongly recommended.
- Must be familiar with a wide variety of commercially available structural analysis software