|Job Location||United States|
|Job Role||Civil - Geotechnical|
|Residence Location||United States|
Green Bay, WI, US
Worker Category :Regular Full Time
GEI Consultants, Inc. is a leading consulting engineering firm ranked #94 in the ENR top 500 (2016). We serve hundreds of Government, Energy, Industry and Institutional clients, and have completed 30,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries.
Founded in 1970, our privately held, employee-owned company consists of over 700 employees located in 37 offices across the U.S. GEI’s technical experts are involved in dozens of specialty services emanating from our traditional core practices which include geotechnical, environmental, infrastructure, water resources and ecology.
GEI continues to grow and expand, both in our technical services offerings and geographic coverage. GEI “seller-doers” are considered some of the leading subject matter experts (SMEs) in their respective fields.
We have a need for an entry-level to mid-level Civil, Geotechnical, or Environmental Engineer with 0 to 10 years of experience to provide support for various geotechnical, environmental, and civil engineering projects.
Under the direction of a Senior Engineer or Scientist, this individual will need to provide support to ongoing study and design efforts that may include excavations systems; dams and embankments, landfills, ground improvement systems; instrumentation systems; and environmental work, including site assessments, soil borings, monitoring well installation, and environmental sampling. They will be expected to support field activities that will include collecting geotechnical/environmental data.
The desired technical skills include an appropriate combination of the following, depending on technical discipline:
• Developing and managing geotechnical or environmental field investigations;
• Logging of soil, rock and sediment;
• Grouting oversight and design
• Geotechnical in-situ testing;
• Coordination of lab tests;
• Environmental site characterization of soil, groundwater, vapor and sediment;
• Environmental permitting and compliance;
• Engineering analysis and calculations;
• Preparation of technical memos, reports, construction specifications;
• Field observation of construction activities;
• Prepare design and as-built drawings using AutoCad.
• BS in Civil/Environmental/Geotechnical Engineer is required.
• Master's degree is preferred
• 0 to 10 years of geotechnical, environmental, or civil design experience with landfill, environmental assessment and remediation, construction, dam, or mining projects.
• Experienced with standard geotechnical and environmental analysis programs, AutoCAD, Microsoft office programs, and surface water management programs desired.
• GIS and modeling is a plus.
• 40-hr OSHA HAZWOPER training is preferred.
• Project management experience and contracting a plus.
• Willing to perform field work on geotechnical investigations, site remediation, and construction projects desired. Minimum of 30% field time may be required with project durations of 2-3 weeks at a time.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Subcontractor contracting and management.
• Excellent speaking and writing skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.