|Company||Bentley Systems Inc.|
|Company Industry||Construction/Architecture Technology|
|Years of Experience||5|
The key role of the project manager is to successfully deliver the software implementation objectives and benefits the Bentley user sponsor expects of the project. Besides planning and managing Bentley technical projects to time and within budget, he/she is also responsible for understanding/managing the internal and external stakeholder expectations and contractual obligations, sharing the project outcomes with the technical leaders, staffing the required resources, developing the schedule to ensure timely completion of the project. The project manager will be observing the Bentley project quality standards (Bentley Solutions Methodology – BSM: derivation based on PMI and PRINCE2). The project manager is responsible for ensuring the BSM and associated standards and processes are followed throughout the project, as well as providing evaluation, risk assessment and working with the technical team for resolution to project issues and identifying new opportunities within the project.
S/he will assist the Practice Leader in all aspects of project delivery, developing a strong spirit of co-operation through continuous liaison with various Bentley functions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for end to end deliveries of assigned projects to achieve the project objectives and outcomes.
- Manage projects based on BSM principles. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifying and agreeing upon success and acceptance criteria
- Planning, monitoring and controlling activities
- Resource management
- Change management
- Stakeholder management
- Risk management
- Issue management
- Quality management
- Conflict resolution
- Management reporting
- Weekly revenue forecasting and required project dashboards
- Contribute to sales proposals alongside by preparing the project scope, execution plans and cost for services components
- Participate in contract negotiations where applicable
- Monitor project performance metrics for indication of deviations from the project plan, and identify corrective actions to be taken
- Contribute to BSM best practices and tools for project execution and management
- University degree in a technical field
- Certification in project management, such as PMP/PRINCE2 certification, would be an advantage
- Familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5-8 years of Total work experience, out of that minimum 3-5 years work experience in a project management capacity, ideally including software deployment projects.
- Knowledge of Asset Information and operational management is a distinct advantage such as Data Handover projects i.e. Engineering Documents Management System, Engineering Information Management, Asset Performance, Enterprise Asset Management and Operational Analytics.
- Experience with Fixed Price and Time & Materials project
- Extensive experience within a customer-oriented project environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong negotiation skills in managing project changes and scope
- Capital Intensive Assets industry experience is an advantage
- Proactive, driven and self motivated
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented
- Experience working with virtual teams is a plus.
- Natural leader, persuasive, encouraging and objective
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, possessing diplomacy and business judgment.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Flexibility around working hours (We are a global virtually-connected company.)
The role is office-based but travel will be required for project meetings, reviews, etc. The amount of travel expected is a minimum of 30%.